Gold Apple Watch Series 4 Review

Today we are unboxing the brand new Apple Watch. I'm trying to contain my excitement because this thing is so beautiful. This is the 40 millimeter gold version. I've even got my gold knife ready to unbox. Got a few Apple Watch Bands as well. I don't even need my knife, it has a little pull tab. Well, I've got the knife out so we're gonna use it. Oops. What's this? Wow. Look at that! Whoa, what an experience! Oh gosh, how can I do it again? It was so cool! I just, it was like this! It just opened up. It's like hello! Look how cool this looks.
So here's the front of the box. Okay let's open it up. We've got our paperwork, we've got our charging brick, Apple Watch charger, and the Apple Watch itself. Right inside, look at this little teeny tiny case that it comes in. Oh wow! (soft music) (gasps) This is probably the coolest thing ever. What a cute, little protector! Matches the 10s, so perfectly. So they have the Apple Watch Band separately. Beautiful gold. It's kind of like a rosy, brass-ish color because when I think of gold I think of this knife color. So here they are next to each other, the ceramic version. It is kind of sad that they're not making the ceramic Apple Watches anymore. These have been so adorable and really, really great.

I just love the look of it, but this, wow. Let's take a quick little time travel back to some of the previous versions of the Apple Watch. The first Apple Watch that I got was this one, it's the 38 millimeter. This is the aluminum one. (playful music) It looks just like it looks in the store! (playful music) And from there they announced the stainless steel, so I thought, hmm, I should probably get a bigger one. That makes sense. Wow and it's so big! It's freaking real big! At the time I was thinking yo this 38 real tiny, well now I'm thinking holy crap 42. Then they announced that they had a rose gold, so of course I got that one in the 42 millimeter, and this poor little thing. It definitely took a fall, but that's okay. I guess it's okay, now I just keep it as a memento. (gasps) Oh god, it looks good. This is rose gold, this is pink. So after that the Series 2 came out. This is the ceramic, of course I thought, hey 42, definitely really enjoying this large watch face. Oh wow, the white looks so fresh, so freaking fresh. And then when the Series 3 came out, I got two different sizes.

got the 42 which I planned on keeping, and then I also got the 38 just to test out. I think I might like the 38. I can't go back to a 38. Do you know why? I have invested a lot into Apple Watch Bands, and they're all for a 42. Well it turns out that I ended up really liking the 38 much better. See here it is. So this is my current watch. This is the 38 with cellular. And now here we are with the brand new Series 4. There's a bunch of new differences in this one. So the back of the new Apple Watches is a combination of ceramic, and the sapphire crystal. They now moved the microphone next to the digital crown.

And over here is the speakers, and they actually made the speakers 50% louder. One of the reasons that I love my Apple Watch so much is obviously I can get notifications, but the health benefits for this thing is really what I use it most for. I also like knowing now that if my heart rate happens to elevate or drop too low, my Apple Watch will let me know. That rhymes. I should be a poet. It'll also be able to tell irregular heartbeats and now with the new ECG, you'll be able to get a very clear reading on your heart, just by holding here for 30 seconds, when you're inside the ECG app. (gasps) It's starting up! So this is my old phone, I haven't actually entirely set up this one yet, so I'm just gonna sync it for the time being.
Previous
Next Post »